The German Poster Museum is unique in Germany and has one of the largest specialized collections in the world.
The German Poster Museum is unique in Germany and has one of the largest specialized collections in the world: Today the collection holds more than 350,000 posters from politics, the economy and culture. They range from the earliest posters to those of today. Its thematic focus is a documentation of the development of German posters in a European context. The collection contains posters by well-known artists and of innovative design as well as those documenting everyday life.
- Early German posters (1880-1914)
- Posters from the Weimar Republic (1919-1933)
- GDR (Cultural) posters (1949-1989)
- FRG posters (1948-1989)
- Germany (after 1989)
- French posters (ca. 1900)
- Polish (cultural) posters (1955-1995)
- Swiss (cultural) posters (1960-today)
Digital photographs or transparencies can be ordered here: www.artothek.de