Is wearing a face mask mandatory?
- There is no obligation to wear a mask. Visitors are free to wear a mask according to their individual need for protection. We ask for mutual consideration.
Is a time slot ticket necessary for the visitor to the collection or exhibitions?
- Booking time slot tickets for visiting the collection and exhibitions in the museum's online shop is recommended to avoid waiting times. Booking online tickets is strongly advised, especially for the major exhibitions and at weekends.
- The time window determines the admission period.
- Tickets can also be purchased at the box office in the museum.
Is the ticket transferable or can I change the time slot later?
- Each ticket is personal and non-transferable.
- Each ticket is only valid for one exhibition or visit to one collection.
- The time slot cannot be changed subsequently; rebookings or cancellations cannot be made.
Will entrance remain free of charge?
- Entrance to the Museum Folkwang Permanent Collection is free of charge on all opening days.
- Please check the website or the online shop for information on special exhibitions for which a fee is charged.
Is there a café/restaurant?
Yes. Please inform yourself about the restaurant edda on: www.edda-folkwang.de
Is the bookstore open?
- Yes, the bookshop is open during the museum's regular opening hours.
Is there a common room?
- Yes, the reading room is open Tue - Fri from 10 am – 6 pm. There is also seating in the exhibition rooms and in the foyer.
Can the reading room and the library be visited for research purposes?
- Yes. Please register in advance in the reading room: T +49 201 8845 312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is the Garden Hall open?
- Yes, the Garden Hall is open.
Is the cloakroom open?
- Yes, the cloakroom is open.
Are there audio guides?
- Yes, audio guides to the collection can be rented for € 4. In addition, the Museum App can be downloaded free of charge to your personal Smartphone and can be used as audio-guide. Please bring your own headphones.